2019-2020 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Oil and Gas Technology, Process Technology Concentration, AAS
The Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology with a concentration in Process Technology program is a 63-semester hour curriculum to prepare students for process operations in refineries, petrochemical, and other related industries. A plan of study, specifically designed to prepare students with both knowledge and laboratory/field experiences, has been developed in cooperation with industry. This program of study will provide graduates with the foundation for a successful career in the process technology industry.
Recipients of an Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology with a concentration in Process Technology will be able to:
- Demonstrate competent operational ability for basic equipment used in process industries;
- Demonstrate the importance of quality, safety, health, and environment to the process industry;
- Identify the various process variables (flow, level, pressure, temperature, analytical, etc.) found in a plant and explain how instruments are used to sense, measure, transmit information to the control system;
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a problem through monitoring instruments and equipment (collecting data) and communicate effectively;
- Perform work functions using knowledge of symbols, process diagrams, and instrumentation.
Specific Degree Information:
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.
Required Courses for the Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology - Process Technology: