2020-2021 General Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Industrial Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance Concentration, AAS
The Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Engineering Technology with concentration in Industrial Maintenance provides the graduate the skills to work within a complex manufacturing system while assessing and analyzing the system as a whole. This degree will prepare technicians for occupations which combine the diverse fields of mechanical, electrical, power transmission, fluid power, and welding and prepares students for the challenging industrial careers where technicians manage, investigate, troubleshoot, and repair manufacturing systems.
Upon completion of the Associated of Applied Science in Industrial Engineering Technology with a concentration in Industrial Maintenance, the student will be able to:
- Apply the principles of electricity, mechanics, power transmission, fluid power, and welding in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrate a combinations of practical skills and applied theory to troubleshoot, modify, and repair complex manufacturing systems that are used to produce a wide variety of products;
- Recognize and apply measurement and inspection methods used in manufacturing systems;
- Perform effectively in manufacturing environments utilizing casing, forming, and machining, plastic injection molding, and welding processing;
- Interact with engineers, programmers, managers, and other technical professionals in the field and;
- Perform repairs on manufacturing equipment utilizing machining and welding technology.
Specific Degree Information:
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.This program articulates with one or more institutions or agencies. Refer to the Articulation Agreements section of the catalog for further detail.
Required Courses for Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Engineering Technology with Concentration in Industrial Maintenance:
Second Semester: 17 Hours
Second Semester: 14 Hours
Total Credit Hours: 63
Computer literacy is fulfilled with TEED 143 or TEED 161 or TEED 260 . Credit for at least one of these courses is required to graduate.
*Industrial Technology Technical Electives must be chosen from: AMFG 110 , AMFG 202 , AMFG 210 , ISAF 210 , OGPT 101 , TEED 151 , TEED 153 , TEED 161 , TEED 162 , TEED 201 , TEED 206 , TEED 208 , TEED 220 , TEED 252 , TEED 264 , TEED 280 .
**Approved general education elective courses can be found at www.bpcc.edu/catalog/current/generaldegreereq.html#generaleducationcourses
For a full list of course descriptions with prerequisites see: /www.bpcc.edu/catalog/current/coursedescriptions