The Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology, Production Technology concentration prepares students for field operations careers in the oil and gas industry.
Recipients of an Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology, Production Technology concentration will be able to:
- relate the processes which lead to the geological origins of oil and gas and the process of its accumulation within the earth’s crust;
- explain the procedures and evaluate the options for fossil fuel exploration, drilling, well completion, production, recovery, and processing;
- discuss all subject matter using industry terminology and prepare written summaries of industry issues;
- demonstrate competent operational ability for basic electrical equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, and fluid dynamics equipment; pumps and compressors; oil and gas instrumentation equipment; and oil and gas processing equipment;
- understand well analysis processes and procedures, the well decision process, the economics of production and recovery; and
- perform work functions within the regulatory, quality, and safety systems established for the industry.
Specific Degree Information:
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.
This program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). In order to be eligible for graduation from this program transfer students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 technical credit hours from Bossier Parish Community College.
This program articulates with one or more institutions or agencies. Refer to the Articulation Agreements section of the catalog for further detail.
Required Courses for the Associate of Applied Science in Oil and Gas Technology, Production Technology concentration: