The goal of the Louisiana Transfer Associate Degree is to maximize the transfer process, meet the needs of student who enroll in a 2-year college with the intent to work toward a baccalaureate, and develop a universal transfer program for which the coursework completed in pursuit of the degree will be accepted by all public universities in the state. This program is part of the Transfer Degree Guarantee to ensure articulation with any public four-year institution in the State of Louisiana; however, this BPCC program also has articulations with other institutions. Refer to the Articulation Agreements section of the catalog for further detail.
Recipients of the Associate of Science Louisiana Transfer degree will have demonstrated:
- comprehension of college-level material in the general education curriculum consisting of English composition, mathematics/analytical reasoning, natural sciences, humanities, social/behavioral sciences, and fine arts;
- proficiency in general education competencies including reading, written communications, oral communication, mathematical computation, critical thinking, library skills, and computer literacy; and
- comprehension of basic concepts derived from concentration or track specific courses in disciplines based upon the student’s area of interest and anticipated baccalaureate major.
Required Courses for Associate of Science in Louisiana Transfer - Biological Sciences Concentration:
Second Semester: 17 Hours
Second Semester: 13 Hours
- History Elective Credit Hours: 3 5
- Science concentration Elective Credit Hours: 4 1
- Behavioral /Social Sciences Elective (sophomore level) Credit Hours: 3 6
- Science concentration Elective Credit Hours: 3 1 or
- Humanities Elective Credit Hours: 3 7
Total Credit Hours: 60
1 Science concentration Elective: BLGY 206 and BLGY 206L ; CHEM 102 and CHEM 102L ; CHEM 250 ; PHSC 111 ; PHYS 201 and PHYS 201L , PHYS 202 and PHYS 202L , PHYS 211 , PHYS 212
2 Fine Arts Elective: ART 201 , ART 202 , ART 206 ; MUSC 120 , MUSC 121 ; COMM 240 ; or THTR 101 , THTR 131
3 Literature Course - ENGL 201 , ENGL 202 , ENGL 255 , ENGL 256 , or ENGL 257
4 Behavioral/Social Sciences: ANTH 201 , ANTH 202 ; BADM 201 , BADM 202 ; GPHY 101 , GPHY 102 ; POSC 201 , POSC 202 ; PSYC 201 , PSYC 202 , PSYC 205 , PSYC 206 , PSYC 210 , PSYC 220 , PSYC 225 ; or SLGY 201 , SLGY 202 , SLGY 203 , SLGY 207
5 History Elective: HIST 101 , HIST 102 , HIST 103 , HIST 104 , HIST 201 , HIST 202 , HIST 203
6 Behavioral/Social Science-Sophomore Level: ANTH 201 , ANTH 202 ; BADM 201 , BADM 202 ; POSC 201 , POSC 202 ; PSYC 201 , PSYC 202 , PSYC 205 , PSYC 206 , PSYC 210 , PSYC 220 , PSYC 225 ; or SLGY 201 , SLGY 202 , SLGY 203 , SLGY 207
7 Humanities elective: ENGL 201 , ENGL 202 , ENGL 255 , ENGL 256 , or ENGL 257 ; FREN 101 , FREN 102 , FREN 201 , HIST 101 , HIST 102 , HIST 103 , HIST 201 , HIST 202 , HIST 203 , RLGN 201 , RLGN 202 , RLGN 203 ; SPAN 101 , SPAN 102 , SPAN 201
Completion of the Associate of Science Louisiana Transfer (ASLT) degree guarantees that the student has met, in full, all lower division general education requirements at the receiving Louisiana public university. Graduates transferring with the transfer degree will have junior status. Courses or GPA requirements for specific majors, departments, or schools are not automatically satisfied by an ASLT degree.
The anticipated major or area of interest will impact the type and number of humanities classes that should be completed.