The Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Technology with a concentration in Programmer Analyst focuses on programming techniques for software applications. The program prepares individuals to function as entry level programmers and work in a team environment, and includes instruction in a variety of programming languages on programming logic, writing and executing code to create and troubleshoot software applications, data structures and computer architecture.
Recipients of the Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Technology with a concentration in Programmer Analyst will be able to:
- read critically, interpret, and document technical information accurately;
- analyze critically and solve real-world end-user problems;
- implement programs in multiple computer languages;
- debug and test software;
- utilize critical thinking skills to collect, analyze, and interpret technical data; and
- describe application web server and programming as well as the ability to program websites and computer applications.
Specific Degree Information:
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.
This program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). In order to be eligible for graduation from this program transfer students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 technical credit hours from Bossier Parish Community College.
This program articulates with one or more institutions or agencies. Refer to the Articulation Agreements section of the catalog for further detail.
Required Courses for Associate of Applied Science in Cyber Technology with a Concentration in Programmer Analyst: