This certificate program produces a well-rounded American Welding Society (AWS) Schools Excelling through National Skills Education (SENSE) Level II Advanced Welder who can work in industries such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and construction.
Recipients of a Certificate of Technical Studies in Advanced Welding Technology will be able to:
- Perform shielded metal arc welding (SMAW).
- Perform gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW).
- Perform flux-core arc welding (FCAW).
- Perform gas metal arc welding (GMAW).
- Perform advanced pipe welding and fitting
Specific Degree Information:
Previous weld training or welding experience recommended, Must pass written exam and performance qualification test to determine eligibility for WELD courses. Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this certificate.
Required Courses for the Certificate of Technical Studies in Advanced Welding Technology: