The Associate of Applied Science in Systems Administration with a concentration in DevOps program provides students with a broad, overarching knowledge of a variety of IT subject areas that brings together development, operations, and testing. DevOps is an interdisciplinary program that requires communication, collaboration, and a broad knowledge so that students understand the full-scope of software delivery.
Recipients of the Associate of Applied in Systems Administration with a concentration in DevOps will be able to:
- read and interpret technical literature and convey technical information through verbal and written communication;
- communicate effectively and collaborate with other team members;
- explain the software delivery process from concept to completion;
- demonstrate an understanding of differing software development approaches;
- demonstrate an understanding of the role of IT operations; and
- demonstrate an understanding of quality assurance by being able to debug and test software.
Specific Degree Information
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.
- Students who are in the internship* of the Systems Administration - DevOps Program must be available for 100 hours of internship.
- Internship students must be prepared to complete internship rotations at an out of town facility.
- A prerequisite to applying to internship is the completion of at least one approved programming portfolio or the completion of at least one approved industry-based certification.
- Internship students must adhere to internship site requirements which include but may not be limited to background checks, drug screens, and orientation meetings.
- Internship students must provide documentation of achievement of two accredited, approved industry-based certifications by the end of the internship.
*In special circumstances the internship may be substituted with Dean and Program Director approval with a 200 level CIT course and completion of two approved industry-based certifications.
Required Courses for the Associate of Applied Science in Systems Administration with a Concentration in DevOps: