The Associate of Applied Science in Construction Technology and Management program specializes in preparing students to work with and use complex technical systems for careers in the Construction Technology area.
Recipients of Associate Applied Science in Construction Technology and Management will demonstrate:
- understanding and mastery of the important tenants of the construction industry, the career options and the education or training requirements for those careers including safety requirements, legal issues, and laws;
- competence in using information about the properties of construction materials, and material and systems applications to supervise or manage construction projects;
- proficiency in preparation and interpretation of construction graphics, use of Building Information Modeling (BIM) to prepare construction drawings and project management applications for BIM;
- skill development in the engineering requirements for construction management; and
- ability to manage the bid proposal and project delivery process including estimating, planning, procurement, scheduling, and fiscal control.
Specific Degree Information:
Students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor concerning required courses and sequencing for this degree.
This program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). In order to be eligible for graduation from this program transfer students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 technical credit hours from Bossier Parish Community College.
This program requires a completion of an off-campus internship.
Required Courses for the Associate of Applied Science in Construction Technology and Management: