The Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems provides the graduate with the knowledge and applied technical skills needed to enter computer-related occupations in the business/industry job market.
This program articulates with one or more institutions or agencies. Refer to the Articulation Agreements section of the catalog for further detail.
Recipients of the Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems will be able to:
- accurately read and communicate technical information;
- analyze current technology issues;
- develop solutions to technology issues;
- demonstrate skills for entry-level employment in information technology; and
- identify basic business terminology, concepts, and principles.
Specific Degree Information:
This program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). In order to be eligible for graduation from this program transfer students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 technical credit hours from Bossier Parish Community College.
- Students who are in the CTEC internship* must be available for 100 hours of internship.
- Internship students must be prepared to complete internship rotations at an out of town facility.
- Internship students must adhere to internship site requirements which include but may not be limited to background checks, drug screens, and orientation meetings.
*In special circumstances the internship may be substituted with Dean and Program Director approval with a 200 CTEC course .
Required Courses for the Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems: